English Department Internships Update as of May 2013: It has been another successful year for internships in the English Department! Congratulations to those English Department students who have completed an internship this year, and thank you to their supervisors for providing them with such valuable and rich learning opportunities.
Cooperating agencies and CSU programs include the following:
Teaching assistantships with individual English Department faculty members; Bailiwick Press; CSU’s Community Literacy Center; Center for Literary Publishing/Colorado Review; Lincoln Financial Media; Literacy through Prose and Poetry (with Poudre School District); NCTE@CSU with Poudre High School; TESL/TEFL, including the Academic English Program (IEP), Workplace English and Training Program, and Teaching Abroad; TILT; Velo News; Wolverine Farm Publishing/Matter Magazine; Supervised College Teaching: Composition and Creative Writing.
Internships by the numbers:
- In Fall 2012, 36 English graduate students and 4 English undergraduate students (majors and minors) completed internships on and off campus.
- In Spring 2013, 71 English graduate students and 5 English undergraduate students (majors and minors) completed internships on and off campus.
*Please note that some students complete internships over the course of both semesters.
Thank you for another great year! I look forward to continuing to serve you as English Department Internship Coordinator.
Fall 2013 Internships Available!
Unless otherwise noted, the internships listed below are open to both undergraduate and graduate students. Please note this list is likely to grow with more opportunities, so stay tuned!
- Publishing Intern, Bailiwick Press (Ft. Collins)
- Social Media Intern, Poudre River Library District (Ft. Collins)
- Grading Assistant, NCTE@CSU with Poudre High School (Ft. Collins)
- Writing Coach and Grader, NCTE@CSU, Fort Collins High School (Ft. Collins)
- CSU Community Literacy Center Internship (2 semester commitment and AmeriCorps Stipend offered)
- Intern, Bloomsbury Review (Denver, CO)
- Editorial Intern, Evergreen Custom Media (correspondence)
- Intern, High Country News, Paonia, CO
Please contact Mary Hickey, English Department Internship Coordinator, at Mary.Hickey@colostate.edu for more information on these internships and how to apply.