Adam Mackie has accepted a position as a managing editor at Group Publishing in Loveland and will not be returning to teach in spring 2014. He’s going to miss working in the Department, but isn’t relocating. So, he’ll still be around and will do his best to stay in touch.
Jerrod Bohn has poetry appearing in Volume 8 of the literary journal Smoking Glue Gun. He has also been invited to participate in a contributor interview for the literary journal Spry to appear on their blog sometime soon.
Adam Mackie presented “Encouraging Equity in Youth Camps: Writing for Change and Saving Our Stories” at the National Writing Project’s Annual Meeting in Boston, MA on Nov. 21, 2013.
Remember our post about the Shifting Season of Fall? The pictures of how the trees outside Eddy Hall were changing from green to gold? Here’s the view from the third floor of Eddy today, the last day of classes before Fall Break. What a difference a month makes.
Airica Parker’s poem “A City” has been selected for The Voices Project.
Alumna Mandy Billings’ first book, 8-Bit Apocalypse, has been released by Eraserhead Press. It is available from Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/8-Bit-Apocalypse-Amanda-Billings/dp/1621051242/. Mandy had a reading in Portland, OR on Nov. 16 and another in Chicago in late December in support of the release.
Spring 2014 Internships Available!
Unless otherwise noted, the internships listed below are open to qualified undergraduate and graduate students. Please visit the English Dept. Internships webpage for more information on qualifying criteria.
Editorial and Publishing Internships:
- Editorial Intern, Bloomsbury Review (Denver, CO)
- Editorial and Marketing Interns, Dzanc Books (correspondence)
- Publishing Assistant, Bailiwick Press (Ft. Collins, CO)
- Blogger/Writer Internship, The Borgen Project (Ft. Collins, CO)
- Grading Assistant, NCTE@CSU with Poudre High School (Ft. Collins)
- Writing Coach and Grader, NCTE@CSU, Fort Collins High School (Ft. Collins)
- Communications Internship (2 positions), CSU English Department – Read internship description, (Word file)
- Sports Journalism Internship, On Campus Sports Network (Ft. Collins and correspondence)
- Social Media and Communications Intern, Poudre River Library District (Ft. Collins)
- Communications Intern, Poudre Fire Authority (Ft. Collins)
- Broadcast Intern, Freeform Radio Initiative (correspondence)
- Public Deliberation Intern, CSU Center for Public Deliberation Student Associate Program
- Marketing and Promotions Internship, Center for Fine Art Photography (Ft. Collins, CO)
Please contact Mary Hickey, English Department Internship Coordinator, at Mary.Hickey@colostate.edu for more information on these internships and how to apply.
Todd Mitchell’s book, Backwards, was reviewed last Sunday in The Denver Post. If you’re curious, you can read the review here: http://www.denverpost.com/books/ci_24429386/book-review-backwards-by-todd-mitchell-new-take.
Todd gave a short reading and talk on Backwards Saturday, November 9th at Old Firehouse Bookstore in Old Town Fort Collins.
“Pearson is pleased to announce the Emerging Pedagogies Research and Travel Grant, open to graduate students in the fields of Composition, Rhetoric, and Business and Technical Communication and to adjunct faculty teaching Composition courses. Up to ten grants will be awarded. These $750 Research and Travel Grants are intended to defray part of the cost of attending the 2014 Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC), which will be held in Indianapolis from March 19 – 22, 2014.” To learn more about this grant, see http://www.pearsonhighered.com/ccccgrant/
Kristin George Bagdanov’s poem “We Dissolve Separately” is available online in the current issue of Thrush Poetry Journal here: http://www.thrushpoetryjournal.com/november-2013.html
Her paper “Conduit: Movement Across Bodies in Gary Snyder’s ‘Night Highway 99′” was accepted for presentation on the Ecocriticism & Environment panel at the 2014 Southwest Popular/American Culture Studies Conference.